The curriculum for our CCW class consists of two parts. The first being classroom training, the second part range instruction. The class outline and important information are as follows:
- Lesson One - Pistol Knowledge & Safe Gun Handling - 1 hrs.
- Lesson Two - Ammunition Knowledge & fundamentals of Pistol Shooting - 2 hrs.
- Lesson Three - Firing the First Shots - 1 hrs
- Lesson Four - Formal Written and Practical Exams, Two-Handed Standing Shooting Position, and Intro. to Pistol we will use on Firing Range. - 2 hrs.
- Lesson Five - Live Fire Range time - 2hrs.
- Lesson Six - (this portion of our class is optional and will be conducted immediately following the required classroom instruction. Students may elect to leave or stay, as they wish, for lesson Six) Ohio Basic CCW Rules, Regulations and Requirements. - 2 hrs.
The entire cost of the program is $75. This includes everything you will need including course materials, use of a provided weapon, all range fees and ammunition.
Subject Matter to Be Covered
In the NRA Basic Pistol Course we will be teaching the basic knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. This covers how to safely handle, fire and properly store pistols and ammunition.
You will learn the basic components of a handgun.
Pass both practical and written examination on course material.
Spend two hours on the firing range applying all learned principles.
Important Things to Know
- DO NOT BRING A WEAPON OR AMMUNITION TO CLASS - they will be provided for you.
- All of your instructors are certified to teach this course.
- Be on time! There are a required number of hours to complete the course, if you are late or do not complete these hours you will not pass.
- You will be provided one hour for lunch, and you must sign in and out.
- All cell phones must be off during class.
- No cameras or recording devices of any kind are permitted in the class.
Classroom Training will be conducted at:
The Holiday Inn Akron West, 4073 Medina Rd., Akron OH 44333 • 844-216-1517
Range (and some classroom) Training will be conducted at:
The Marksman, 3017 Barber Rd, Norton, OH 44203